Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Complicated

As I contemplated saying goodbye for the last time my thoughts were invaded by feelings of defeat
A flashback hit me and I am reminded of happier times our history........Do we really want to retreat?
As time went by the hopes of civil communication fell asunder
I am as much at fault as you, but still I ponder.
What happened to the times when we use to leave a trail of clothes meandering up the stairs?
What happened to the times when we use to think of places to make love on a dare?
Use to be, we didn't need any persuasion we didn't need any coersion
Use to be, the only thing better than a 1st and 10 was the 3rd down conversion.  (It will come to you lol)
We use to love each other without a doubt to no end
It finally got to the point where we just couldn't pretend
What is there to say when there is nothing left to say
It's just not really working out at the end of the day
I had a conversation with a very good friend and he told me to "Be wise in your actions and be mindful of your ways for I am the way the truth and the life, I will give your answer if you give me the praise".

If you are at the end of your rope, please try not to hang yourself just yet. Explore your options. Pray about your situation and stand on God's word and have faith that he will deliver. In the mean time, do what you have to do to find peace. Patience is a virtue and we can all use a dose of it. Before walking out, put it all on the table, talk to each other and if all else fails at least have a reason to remain hospitable enough to be friends. Bitterness only causes hurt and ultimately the death of your spirit....allowing that will eventually impair your ability to see past every other person that can potentially help heal your pain. Learn to live beyond your feelings.......

3 comments:

  1. I am not done with this yet, I just had to get it off my chest before I got sidetracked. My mind just be racing 1000 miles a min.

    ReplyDelete